Wanna try these veggie balls ?…. These vegetarian meatballs are a perfect change and a super healthy appetizer. With veggies easily available in your fridge these come together in very less time and turn out very delicious.
Snack time is a challenge. With the right proportion of veggies and protein to incorporate the taste is the big time task. I tried these balls with a wholesome veggies and tofu and they turned out awesome.
These vegan meatballs without meat are binded with silken tofu and corn meal making it extremely healthy and delicious at the same time. Being a vegetarian I always try to incorporate fresh veggies in our diet along with a reasonable amount of protein. Beetroot cutlets is my another must try recipe loaded with veggies and 100 % vegan.
With a dip made from balsamic vinegar and tomato ketchup these balls are a perfect vegan appetizer or a snack!
And the best part is it’s made without using potatoes.
Let’s check the detailed recipe
Vegan Meatballs / Veggie Protein Balls
- 2-3 carrots
- 1 beetroot
- 1 cup parsley
- 1 cup boiled peas
- 100 gms silken tofu/ firm tofu/ paneer (non vegan)
- 1/2 cup cornmeal
- 1/2 semolina (sooji) or
- Bread crumbs
- Green chillies
- Ginger paste
- Lemon juice 1 tablespoon
- Oil for frying
For the dip
- 2 tablespoon tomato ketchup
- 2 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- Red chilli flakes
- Italian seasoning
1. Finely chop all the veggies in a food processor or grate the carrots and beetroot and mash the boiled peas.
2. Now transfer it to a mixing bowl.
3. Mash and add silken tofu to it. It gives a great texture of cheese.
4. Add cornmeal, bread crumbs, green chilli paste, ginger paste and salt. (Refer notes)
5. Mix all the ingredients well and bind a non sticky dough. (Without water)
6. Now make small balls out of it.
7. In a pan heat oil for frying and fry these balls on medium high flame.
8. You can roll these balls on semolina or bread crumbs for extra crisp.
1. In a saucepan heat 1 tablespoon butter.
2. Add tomato ketchup and balsamic vinegar.
3. Add the spices, salt and 1/4 cup water and bring it to a good boil.
4. Serve it with the balls or dip the veggie balls in it.
* These veggie balls can be made with cooked and mashed chickpeas and avoid tofu in that case.
* You can use firm tofu too or if not vegan then you can try paneer too.
* You can use cornflour, bread or boiled mashed potatoes.
* Bread crumbs can be replaced with oats powder.
* Veggies can be cauliflower, potatoes Or beans etc.
* You can roll the veggie balls on bread crumbs before frying.
* I even tried making patties out of this dough. These were a great filler in veg burgers.
Beetroot, carrots and peas fulfil all the vitamin and minerals nutrients. Tofu is a great protein and vegan. With low carbs it’s a healthy and perfect combination for weight watchers.
We would like to hear from you. If you try this recipe please let us know in the comments below.
You can also email me at firstname.lastname@example.org
For latest updates on veggie.bites follow veggie.bites on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter