Quinoa is a high protein content, sweet and nutty flavor, and delicate texture and a popular substitute for rice. Not only a substitute, it has gained immense popularity and is widely used in staples like quinoa pilaf, salads, patties and so on. This recipe is as simple just as my Beetroot cutlets , Bulgar wheat or quinoa salad.
It is an excellent idea for a vegan and vegetable burger. It can be either shallow fried, fried or baked as per preference. They are made with cooked quinoa , mashed potatoes, carrots, peas (any other veggies). This gorgeous blend along with the spices and the bread crumb crisp makes it look perfect and is a delicious appetizer. They can be made by adding paneer aswell. I even tried adding cooked chick peas or red kidney beans.
The most favourite part is they are so easy to prepare. By the time my potatoes and quinoa cook. I chop /shred all my veggies in my food pro, dump them together , give them a dash of spices and bring them together to roll these patties. So very interesting. Moreover, these cutlets can be refrigerated for about a week or freezed and used as and when required for about a month. All I need to do is pop them out of the freezer and crisp them a bit on my skillet/ panini press.
Check this quick video recipe.
- 1 cup Cooked Quinoa
- 1 cup Mixed boiled veggies carrots, beans, peas, cabbage…
- 2 Medium sized potatoes Boiled and smashed
- 1 cup Bread crumbs Keep extra bread crumbs for coating
- 1 teasp Green chilli paste
- 1 tsp red chilli flakes
- olive oil for shallow frying
- Salt as per taste
- Cook 1 cup quinoa with 1 cup water and salt in a pressure cooker or in a pot.
- Take mashed potatoes in a mixing bowl
- Add the cooked quinoa and veggies to it.
- Add chilli and chilli flakes and salt.
- Add 1 cup bread crumbs
- Give everything a mix and make a dough (no water needed)
- Now make small lemon sized balls and roll a patty.
- Now coat the patties in bread crumb again.
- Heat a pan and apply olive oil over it. Now roast/shallow fry the patties from both sides until golden brown.
- Serve with ketchup or your favourite dip.
- You can use any of your favourite veggies.
- Bread crumbs can be replace with cereal crumb, rava(sooji) or toast crumb.
- You can even deep fry them. I did not deep fry.
Do try other appetizers and snacks on the blog links below
If you like and try this recipe do write reviews in the comment section below.
You can also email me at firstname.lastname@example.org
For latest updates on veggie.bites follow veggie.bites on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Pinterest