Tired of the regular Mumbai sandwich? Sushi Fusion it is!!! Yeah, made these tricolor Paneer/tofu spinach roll ups with bread. Kids loved it as it was yummy and attractive… These super cool looking easy to eat pinwheels were a win win at the breakfast table today. It looked similar to the Indian flag kids drew in the morning (a great learning) and it tasted super yummy!! The recipe for perfect sandwich chutney is here coriander chutney.
Loaded with paneer and spinach this appetizer was as good with its looks, taste and preparation time. Paneer is one of our favourites just like shahi paneer and palak paneer. Spinach is yet another greens I prefer in most of my cooking like the spinach thepla, spinach nuggets, soups etc. These roll ups easy to grab and go sandwiches are inspired from the sushi rolls. They are recreated with vegetarian fillings and made like a grab and go sandwich pinwheel.
Today is January 26 and Indians celebrate this special day as the country’s Republic Day. I celebrated this day with my friends and family. Being in the USA since a very early age my kids are certainly unaware of the Indian culture. To create awareness of the country flag colors, we drew the flag and colored it. But I wanted them to always remember the colors in the flag. What can be a better fun learning way for them?
Yes! Bread, we all have these ingredients easily available at home. With just a few bread slices, paneer/tofu and peas, carrots and spinach these rolls are a perfect to go for your lunch, and a perfect party appetizer…..also check my recipes for other appetizers like veg tofu protein balls and veg cutlets in the links.
Replace them with potatoes, onions, avocados, guacamole, tofu or any filling and you are ready to go for these power packed solution. Let’s get started with these cuties then.
Also check our other 30 minute dinner recipes on the blog links below.
- Burnt garlic Quinoa Pilaf
- Mango curd rice
- Creamy parsley pesto pasta
- Mint rice
- Sriracha paneer fried rice
- Lemon Alfredo pasta
Let us check the detailed recipe for the pinwheels then.
Pinwheel Paneer Roll Ups/Sandwich
- Rolling Pin
- 4 Bread slices
- 1 cup Baby Spinach/arugula/any other greens
- 10 Paneer (Cottage cheese) cigars/firm tofu
- 1 cup Green Peas
- 1 cup Grated carrots
- Avocado slices
- Coriander Chutney/ketchup/hot sauce/mayo
- Cut the bread sides of each slice and flatten the slice with a rolling pin.
- Apply butter and coriander chutney on each slice of the bread.
- Now season the paneer cigar or tofu with salt and pepper and roast it on a pan until golden crisp.
- Place these cigars on each slice of the bread.
- Now line up the mashed green peas along with the cigars.
- Then line up the grated carrots. you may add some avocado slices on it and season them with pepper.
- Line up some baby spinach leaves.
- Drizzles some ketchup/hot sauce/mayo
- Roll the bread gently without allowing the stuffing to pop out.
- Curt the roll into pieces about 2 inches each.
- These rollups are ready to go.
- Use Vegan Bread.
- Apply vegan butter and use Extra firm tofu.
- Veggies can be any like cucumbers, tomatoes, avocados etc
- You can even use boiled potatoes, mushrooms etc..
- Also you can use any white, brown or multi grain bread.
Do check our other popular appetizer and soups in the links below
If you like and try this recipe do write reviews in the comment section below.
You can also email me at firstname.lastname@example.org