The most soothing drink of all time and my personal favorite just as this everyday cereal smoothie drink.
This authentic Indian drink originally made from non flavored , extra fat yogurt is an extremely healthy and a natural drink. Lassi is made from dahi (yogurt) by churning it with a hand blender and adding flavours of spices along with sugar and salt. Check these authentic yogurt recipes on the blog links below.
- Dahi Aloo/Potato curry in yogurt
- Mango curd rice/Mango yogurt pilaf
- Dahi bhalla/dahi vada
- Vanilla sponge cake
I make this drink very often in various flavours. Yogurt is my personal favorite. And I love it when added sugar. So whenever I spot these ingredients in my kitchen Lassi is for sure next on my menu…
Lassi not only is a quick and yummy drink but it has several health benefits. It acts as an antioxidant , helps in digestion and improves immunity. It is a rich source of protein and can help in Mass building. It has various other benefits like rich in calcium, improves skin and keeps it healthy, helps in lowering high blood pressure and much more.
I have cut down on all artificial soft drinks. No coke, no sodas. How about this natural health drink! Definitely Yes, I love it in various flavours……
You can make it with various other flavors or fresh fruits. Mango, rose, vanilla, classic, dry fruits, pistachio and this time it’s kiwi ..
Yogurt+kiwi+ginger+sugar+salt =🥝🥤yummy 😋
Kiwi Lassi 🥝
I love the soft texture kiwi has. Especially when it’s perfectly ripe it tastes so sweet and refreshing. Kiwi being so refreshing and versatile. It can be eaten raw, blended into juices, used in baking, or any salads and garnish and many more.
I am personally allergic to Kiwi if it is not perfectly ripe. I experience that if the kiwi is not fully ripe the lassi too turns bitter in very less time.
What goes in the lassi
- For the yummiest lassi we need full fat creamy yogurt. The yogurt should be fresh too.
- Normally a good amount of sugar is added but we can replace sugar with Honey, Jaggery, Maple Syrup Or any other Sweetener.
- For flavours popularly vanilla, rose and mango are used. But we can replace these with many other fresh fruits or different types of syrups available readily in the stores. In this recipe I used a good ripe kiwi.
Let’s check the recipe in detail
- 1 Perfectly ripe kiwi sliced and pureed
- 1 cup Greek yogurt (non flavoured)/ vegan yogurt. I used homemade full fat yogurt
- 1 inch ginger juice (Grate and squeeze the juice out)
- 4-5 mint leaves (Pressed and extract used) optional
- Sugar as per taste Or any other sweetener
- A pinch of salt
- Gather all the ingredients.
- Churn the yogurt, sugar and salt well with a blender. I prefer an immersion blender.
- Add 2 tablespoon of fresh cream if you like thick lassi.
- Add ginger juice and mint crush (Extract)and churn more.
- Now add kiwi puree and churn , serve chilled!!
- Serve immediately!
- Vegans can replace Greek yogurt with vegan yogurt!!
- Kiwi should be ripe and sweet. If not perfectly ripe it can turn the lassi bitter.
- Kiwi reacts with milk products and turn them bitter in a short time. So consume immediately. Do not store for longer than 2 hours.
- Blending kiwi in a mixer may crush the seeds making it bitter. I would prefer smashing it in a mortar.
- You can replace raw kiwi with kiwi syrup. This won’t turn bitter at all and increase life.
- You can use any sugar substitute or honey.
- Apart from just being a great thirst quencher, kiwi lassi is a great antioxidant. It is a huge dose of Vitamin C and helps control blood sugar levels and cholesterol. Yogurt and kiwi both are an excellent probiotic.
- It has a good amount of omega 3 fatty acids which promotes good heart health.
- So in total Kiwi Lassi is a great blend of nutrients. It is an excellent summer drink and can serve as the best health drink too.
- Lassi helps maintain a great and glowing skin.
Let us know!!
If you like and try this recipe do write reviews in the comment section below.
You can also email me at email@example.com
For latest updates on veggie.bites follow veggie.bites on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Pinterest
1 thought on “Kiwi Lassi / Kiwi Yogurt Drink”