It’s been a long time since I ate a filling salad. Today I made a salad bowl to fulfill all my cravings along with health.
I used cooked bulgur along with veggies and dressings and it was super delicious.
Bulgur is a whole grain. It is also called wheat groats. It is extremely rich in fibers, minerals and vitamins. Using fibre rich products in your diet helps in good digestion, weight loss and prevents diseases.
Include them in your regular diet for dishes like salads, breads and soups.It’s a best alternative for vegans as it enhances the dish and it’s nutrients.
Let’s check out the super simple recipe for this salad.
Spring Mix bulgar wheat salad
- 1 cup bulgur wheat
- 1 cup spring mix leaves
- Long cut bell peppers
- Red onions
- Tomatoes /cherry tomatoes
- boiled potatoes
- Water and Oil to cook bulgur
For the dressing
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 tbsp. lemon juice
- Salt, Pepper as per taste
- 1 tbsp. dried parsley
- 1 tsp thyme
To cook bulgur wheat
- Drizzle 1 teaspoon oil in a pan. Add about 1 .5 cup of water and combine bulgar wheat in it. Add salt as per taste. Bring to a boil then cover and cook over low heat until tender, for about 10-12 minutes.Now switch off the flame/heat and let it stand covered for 7-8 minutes. Fluff with a fork and keep it aside.Chop all the veggies in the desired pattern.
For boiled potatoes
- Boil and chop potatoes in small cubes. Add a pinch of salt and red chilli powder and marinate them before using.Now in a bowl mix the fluffed bulgar wheat, salad leaves, peppers , tomatoes, onions and the marinated boiled potatoes. Drizzle the dressing over it and serve.
- You can use avocado slices and skip potatoes
- Tomatoes can be any.
- You can use coloured sweet peppers. long cut and sautéed.
- If you like a little spice you can add cayenne pepper to bulgar while cooking it.
- Enjoy this beautiful and healthy salad in your meals. Easy to prepare and go in your lunches. Bulgar gives you fullness and is a perfect lunch time food.
We would like to hear from you. If you try this recipe please let us know in the comments below.
You can also email me at firstname.lastname@example.org