A bunch of veggies and a soup without tomatoes!! That’s what it is!! A sip of a warm soup is what you want on cold winter evening! This time has been really cold and we have been enjoying a lot of soup bowls. Also check my other healthy soup recipes
- Split Moong dal soup
- Mix vegetable soup
- Black eyed beans with broccoli soup
- Tomato beetroot spinach soup
- Corn and broccoli chowder
It’s healthy, it’s tasty and it’s soothing😊
My younger one is a bit fuzzy eater while it comes to veggies. He is selective and doesn’t always eat the desired portion. Soup or my healthy appetizer like the veggie balls,beetroot cutlets,Coriander nuggets/ Kothimbir vadi are various tricks I apply on him when I want him to have some healthy eating.
Secondly when I buy veggies from Costco it’s a pain to finish them off. Especially a pack of broccoli and a pack of carrots.
Check these popular recipes with broccoli
- Broccoli Paratha
- Corn and Broccoli chowder
- Creamy parsley pesto pasta
- Quinoa Pilaf
- Cauliflower Asparagus curry
I grabbed a few carrots, a portion of cabbage, 1 potato , a piece of beetroot and a handful of green peas. Popped all these in the pressure cooker . Seasoned it with some spices and done. So easy and so quick!! And this warm , comfort bowl was the supper then my most easiest budgeted meal. Also check my recipe for sriracha fried rice from leftover rice and veggies!
So soothing, yummy and warm. I love warm food. I can eat so comfortably when it’s warm and when its freshly prepared. Usually made with a lot of vegetable chunks, this time I preferred to puree all. So it is even great soft food full of nutrition and taste. This is the best for vegans or vegetarians. I even thought its the best food for people on fluids. so comfort and includes everything!
Let’s check the recipe for both regular as well as instant pot below
Mix vegetable soup
- 2 chopped carrots
- 1/2 beetroot chopped
- 1/4 portion of a big cabbage
- 1/2 cup peas
- 1 potato/ diced potato
- 7-8 Spinach leaves
- Any other vegetables like cauliflower, beans, tomatoes , bottle gourd etc…You can also used canned vegetables and beans.
- 1 tsp regular/ Vegan butter
Regular pressure cooker cooking
- Wash ,clean and chop all the veggies well.
- I usually pressure cook for quick and unattended cooking. You can make this soup in an instant pot too.
- In the morning I had 2 cups of vegetable stock left from the cooking. I used 1 cup stock along with the veggies while cooking.
- After cooked well in the pressure cooker ,I used an immersion blender to blend it well.
- I did not strain it as I blend it well. But if you dont like the fibers you can strain it.
- In a saute pan add 1 teasp butter/vegan butter
- Add basil, oregano, and onion powder about 1 teasp each.Quick add the soup to it and allow it to come to a boil.
- Add salt and pepper as per taste. Bring it to a boil again.
Instant Pot instructions
- Set Instant Pot to saute mode. add a teaspoon of oil and saute all the chopped vegetables in it.
- Add the seasonings, salt and pepper as per taste
- Add 1.5 cups of water and stir to combine well.
- Lock the lid and set it on high pressure for about 10-12 minutes. 10 minutes if you do not want to blend it.
- After done, Turn the steam valve to venting and release pressure.
- Stir the soup and blend it with an immersion blender. Season it any salt or pepper if required.
- Garnish it with coriander or parsley , sesame seeds, crushed peanuts (optional)
- You can even drizzle some fresh cream over it. (skip if vegan)
- Serve it with your choice of bread.
- This soup will taste great with a spoonful of fresh cream too. (skip if vegan)
- It had a great colour, superb taste and amazing flavours
- Smooth texture and the bread crumbs were my favorite
This soup is loaded with all types of vegetables, vitamins and fibers. Cabbage is a great source of calcium. Beetroot helps with the iron and fibers. Its a good source of carbohydrates too. So a great nutrition soup for all.
Do check the other popular recipes on the blog
If you like and try this recipe do write reviews in the comment section below.
You can also email me at firstname.lastname@example.org