Mangoes are the season and soon will be gone for the quarter. Before they are next seen I decided to make the most of it. This dressing is a refreshing and delicious blend of mango peaches and cilantro. Unlike other dressings this recipe is a no oil, no vinegar dressing, and is our latest favourite. Cilantro is my favourite though and you know as it clearly appears in my other recipes like the coriander nuggets, coriander chutney and so on.
Salads are our favourite and especially in summers that’s the meal we prefer. The delicious blend of mango with the curd rice is what we checked in earlier. It’s all about mangoes and great salads. And believe me when combined together the combination is worth a great try.
This dressing is sweet, tangy and creamy along with a bit of spice and the freshness and flavour of cilantro. It’s great in taste and is a versatile dip. We had it on our salads and cold pasta salad. It was perfect match with the pasta salad as it has a great blend of cream and tangy spicy touch. Apart from that they taste great when tried with different fritters like the sweet potato fritters or the zucchini fritters etc.
What goes in the mango peach Dressing/Dip?
Obviously the name suggests its mangoes first. I used the manila mango which is more sweeter and less sour. With that I matched up the summer special peaches in a 1/4 proportion which added up a tangy and sour blend.
Cilantro gave a freshness in the flavours and chilli because we love the combination of mangoes chilli and lime!! To make the texture more better and incorporate everything well I added a tablespoon of table cream or whipping cream. This gave it a thick blend and the dressing got its form.
In this recipe the best part is you can make it with the canned mangoes and peaches as well. So this ain’t just a summer special treat but pizzas up your winters as well!!
What can the dressing be used on?
This dressing can be used on various types of salads. I would recommend crunchy types more.
Green salads with lettuce
Mexican bean salads
This dressing is our recent favourite and a great table accompaniment. It comes together in just about 10 to 15 minutes and can be stored in a refrigerator as well. No oil no vinegar and still a dressing!! Let’s check it out.
Mango Peach Dressing
- High speed grinder or food processor
- 1 Manila mango diced
- 1 small peach peeled and diced
- 1/2 cup Fresh cilantro
- 1 teasp thyme
- 1 small bay leaf
- 1 Tesp Chilli flakes or dry red chilli
- Salt and pepper as per taste
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 2 tbsp heavy cream/Whipping cream OR water In the end
- Take a clean pot of your food processor or grinder and add the mango pieces, peaches, cilantro and spices to it.
- Churn it on round until a fine paste. Do not add water and cream. The water content in the fruits is enough to deal with.
- After a fine paste is formed add 2 tbsp of heavy cream or whipping cream and churn for 10 seconds until well incorporated.Do not over whip as the cream may form lumps and thicken.
- Now squeeze lemon juice to it and mix using a spatula.
- Pour the dressing in a jar and either use it immediately or refrigerate it. Its great upto 1 week or until it changes colour and smell.
- I poured it on a salad with crunchy apple and lettuce. It was a perfect sweet, sour and little spicy taste.
- My daughter poured it over her pasta salad. Believe me it tasted even delicious with the cold pasta salad.
- You can skip the peaches and make the dressing with only mangoes or you can add pineapple if you have.
- The combination of chilli with mango and lemon is classic so I tried using it in the recipe. However you can skip if you are not spice lovers.
- Do not add whipping cream before. It will form peaks and stiffen. Firstly churn and chop the whole paste and then add the cream. Cream adds a nice texture and volume to the dressing. In case you can even skip it completely.
- You can add vinegar in place of lemon juice.
Do check our other salad and dip recipes too
If you like and try this recipe do write reviews in the comment section below.
You can also email me at email@example.com
For latest updates on veggie.bites follow veggie.bites on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Pinterest