Fried rice is one of those comfort meals which can be made easily and economically. This typical dish is the most popular when I am serving Chinese to my guest, or packing a quick lunch or using my leftover rice just like the mint pulav/Pilaf. Sometimes I even cook extra rice to make fried rice for my next meal. Rice is our favourite and we love the variations we can make with it.
Our favourite rice recipe links on the blog are
We Indians have a typical way to make Chinese food. Our Indo Chinese food and the street style Chinese is way different from the origin.Typically made with egg and meat my version is vegetarian and egg less. I used paneer and veggies and to give it a nice spicy flavor used sriracha sauce.You can also use tofu instead of paneer to make it Vegan!!
As per Wikipedia source Sriracha is a type of hot sauce or chili sauce made from a paste of chili peppers, distilled vinegar, garlic, sugar, and salt. I Used the market bought sauce in this recipe. Sriracha fried rice is a spicy version of fried rice. I typically make the spicy and the non spicy both considering my kids for a meal.So friends next time when you have leftover rice, frozen veggies in your fridge , do not stress about cooking. Just pop in this recipe and enjoy the delicious sriracha fried rice.
Let’s check this recipe in detail
Sriracha Fried Rice
- 2 cups Basmati rice/ Jasmine Rice
- 150 gms 150 gm of paneer diced cubes
- 1 clove
- 1 teasp minced garlic
- 1 tsp minced ginger
- 1 carrot long cut
- 1 bell pepper long
- 1 small onion long
- 1 cup long cut cabbage
- 1/2 cup Spring onion
- 2-3 tbsp Sriracha sauce
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- sugar (optional)Salt to taste
- 1 tsp black pepper powder
- 1 tsp Chili flakes if desired spicy
- 2 tbsp Peanut oil or any other cooking oil
- Cook rice with 4 cups of water in a rice cooker/ pressure cooker/ instant pot or on a stove. The grain should be non sticky and loose when cooked. Do not over cook.
- Spread it and cool it before use.
- Heat oil in a wok. (Use a deep wok). Saute garlic for a bit. Add ginger and cook until aroma.
- Stir fry vegetables in the hardest one first order. So here it goes like onion, carrot, cabbage, bell peppers.
- Now add the Paneer cubes to it and give it a toss.
- Add the soy sauce, Sriracha sauce and toss. Add a pinch of ajinomoto. ( Sugar if you like)
- Now toss the rice and give it a nice stir.
- Sprinkle it with some salt and pepper.
- Your Sriracha fried rice is ready to go.Drizzle some more sriracha sauce before garnish and garnish with some spring onions.Enjoy your fried rice.
Do you know how to use your chopsticks?
LOL! me neither…
Just go simple with your Fork! Not too tricky, not too fuzzy…..
Things to Remember:
- You can use leftover rice too.
- You can use Mushrooms
- Any other vegetables preferred taste good.
- Adjust the spice level of sriracha as per your taste.
- Remember to go lite with salt. Soy sauce already has some.
Rice has plenty of carbs, paneer/tofu takes care of our Protein and of the veggies compliment all the vitamins,fibers… all in all a rich in calorie dish.
Do check our other varieties of one pot curries in the links below
- Bharwan baingan/Stuffed brinjal
- Shahi Paneer
- Palak Paneer
- Chole masala
- Lobia broccoli curry/Black eyed peas curry
- Split Moong dal
- Pav Bhaji
If you like and try this recipe do write reviews in the comment section below.
You can also email me at email@example.com