Pasta is one of the comfort foods we love to have. Especially when it’s the creamy white sauce. This alfredo is super rich and creamy and has mild flavours. The tangy lemons add a delicious flavor along with the creamy sauce and herbs. The base is the heavy cream and the parmesan cheese adding a nice compliment to the dish.
This is one of the best and super quick recipes of mine. It comes together in just 30 minutes and is super easy. It vegetarian and rich in flavours and vegetables. Pasta can be the fettuccine or spaghetti. I used Penne as its my family preference. Just like my other recipe for Basil penne pasta and creamy parsley pesto pasta.
What goes in this Pasta?
Not too complicated, after the pasta gets cooked it gets soaked in a fresh and creamy rich alfredo. This alfredo is mainly heavy whipping cream and parmesan cheese along with it is a whopping amount of lemon and a special dash of pepper and parsley. Kids love this pasta as it has their favourite veggies. At times I even add a few tofu in it to just add up the protein element. Its as simple as that.
Also check our other 30 minute dinner recipes
- Burnt garlic Quinoa Pilaf
- Mango curd rice
- Creamy parsley pesto pasta
- Mint rice
- Sriracha paneer fried rice
Let’s check the recipe for lemon Alfredo pasta in detail.
Lemon Alfredo Pasta
- 12 ounces Pasta (Fettuccine, Spaghetti works best) I used Penne as we love it.
- Olive oil
- 1 Cup Thick cream/ Heavy whipping cream
- 2 Petals Minced garlic
- 1 Teaspoon Onion powder
- 1/2 Lemon Juice
- Pepper and Parsley
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese
- 1 Cup Mixed boiled vegetables (carrots, corn, peas, broccoli,beans, asparagus etc..)
Cook the Pasta
- Boil water in a pot.Add 1 teaspoon salt and 1 teaspoon olive oil to it.
- Add the pasta to the boiling water and allow it to cook until soft.
- Now strain the pasta and run it under cold water.
- Apply a teaspoon oil over it and set aside.
- Heat 2 tablespoon butter or olive oil in a pan.
- Sautee the minced garlic until aroma.
- Add onion powder.
- Add 1 cup of heavy cream along with 1/3 cup water and keep stirring until 1 boil. Do not stop stirring or it may curdle.
- After 1-2 boil squeeze 1/2 a lemon juice to it.
- Now add the cheese and allow 1 boil.
- The sauce is thick and creamy. You may add salt and pepper as per taste.
- Now In a bowl mix your boiled veggies along with the pasta.
- Now pour the alfredo sauce over it and garnish it with parsley and chilli flakes.
- The rich creamy easiest pasta is ready to serve.
- You may save the pasta water while cooking and use it to reheat the sauce.
- Fettuccine and spaghetti pasta works best with this alfredo.
- Extra Lemon juice can be poured over it.
- You can use half and half if you dont prefer too thick sauce. I like to use heavy whipping cream with just a little water for best results.
- Meat eaters can replace the veggies with their choice.
- Mushrooms, stir fried tofu/paneer work great too.
- It’s best when served hot!
If you like and try this recipe do write reviews in the comment section below.
You can also email me at email@example.com