Love Pesto, why not? Rich , creamy , nutty flavors with aroma gives me an extremely yummy pasta. Pasta is like a staple in every kitchen and it’s hard to always maintain your veggies in your fridge.
Basil Pesto is what strikes our mind at first. Pesto is nothing but a sauce made out of greens. Basil pesto is a hard blend of basil, garlic, nuts and olive oil.
Recently I got stuck as I was out of tomatoes and no basil in my fridge. Pasta was what I thought but didn’t actually have all the required elements. I then spotted a bunch of parsley and that clicked. I thought of trying the parsley pesto with the white creamy Alfredo sauce. It is a little different than the lemon alfredo pasta on the blog
Trust me it was super delicious. The soft creamy sauce along with the parsley flavors stayed long in my mind.I did think that it might taste a little bitter if I crushed it in a paste. But to my surprise it didn’t. It was superb and we all loved it. Most importantly budgeted pasta!!
I threw in some broccoli, asparagus and peppers, dipped the penne in the creamy pesto and drooled on every bite of it. Do check my broccoli and asparagus curry on the blog.
Pesto should be an important ingredient of every kitchen. We all use parsley as a garnish but we can definitely increase its use as apart from some flavors parsley has huge health benefits.
Also check our other 30 minute dinner recipes
- Burnt garlic Quinoa Pilaf
- Mango curd rice
- Creamy parsley pesto pasta
- Mint rice
- Sriracha paneer fried rice
Parsley Health Benefits:
- It can help in controlling cancer cell growth.
- Help control Diabetics.
- It helps improve bone health as it helps in absorbing calcium in bones through our foods.
So friends use your parsley in as many ways possible-
- Throw a few sprigs of parsley in your favorite green juice or refreshments.
- Garnish your omelets or any possible dish with a handful of chopped parsley.
- Add chopped parsley to any homemade salad.
And now you can even make a delicious pesto!
Let’s check out the recipe in detail.
Creamy parsley pesto pasta
- 3 cups Raw Penne ,Fusilli or Rotini pasta
- A bunch of fresh parsley
- 2 tbsp All purpose flour
- 2 tbsp butter
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp garlic
- 1 Tbsp walnuts
- Broccoli florets
- Bell peppers
- Any choice of other veggies
- Salt and pepper as per taste
- Pasta seasoning/ chilli flakes
- In a large pan boil water. Add a little salt and olive oil. Let it come to a boil and then add the penne to cook.Cook the pasta until it's soft and can be cut with a fork. Drain water and run cold water over the pasta. Apply a little oil on the pasta and set aside.
- In a pan add a teaspoon of butter and saute the broccoli florets, asparagus and the bell pepper along with a pinch of salt and pepper for seasoning. Set it aside.
- Now in a fresh pan or same one add 1 tablespoon of butter. Add 2 tablespoon of flour and saute for a while on low medium heat.
- Grind the parsley along with garlic, walnuts and olive oil in a grinder. Add it's paste to the flour paste we made.
- After the flour is well sauteed add about a cup of milk and keep stirring to break the lumps. Now add half cup of water and stir it well.
- Dash some spices like the pepper, Italian seasoning and salt as per taste.
- Allow the sauce to cook well for about 5 -7 minutes.Now add a cup of grated Parmesan cheese and mix the sauce well.
- Now add the boiled pasta to it. And also pop in the sauteed veggies.
- Give it a toss and garnish it with some chilli flakes.Yummy rich and creamy pasta is ready!
- Pasta can be any.
- Nuts can be pine nuts or walnuts
- You can also make basil pesto.
Parsley contains good amount of vitamin c. Its a rich in protein and a high calorie sauce recipe. Contains good amount of magnesium , calcium and iron.
If you like and try this recipe do write reviews in the comment section below.
You can also email me at firstname.lastname@example.org