I scream, you scream we all scream ice cream. It summers and we all are craving Ice cream. Kids especially being at home want something every other time.
There’s one for all in this recipe. Apparently this creamsicle comes out in just 10 minutes and with less than 6 ingredients.
My daughter had a school project and an ice cream to do in it. So when I checked all the ingredients we found some and some missing. With covid 19 we are not stepping out much and wanted to make something in what is available at home.
We needed a heavy whipping cream and didn’t have. But I had one spare of whipped cream ready to use. We decided to experiment it. You can also make it with heavy whipping cream. Recipes for both are mentioned below.
So here it goes….
Simple 3 ingredient 10 minutes ice cream/popsicle…..
Scoop it or pour in your popsicle moulds….I like anyway as far as it’s chilled.
Let’s check the recipe
Vanilla Raspberry Creamsicle
- 2 cups of whipped cream/ Heavy whipping cream (Refer Notes)
- 1/2 cup chilled milk
- 1/4 cup Sugar (Refer Notes)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla essence
- 1 cup Fresh / Frozen Raspberries
- 4/5 tablespoon sugar
Popsicle Moulds Or Ice cream container with lid or any glass container with lid.
- Take a pan .
- Add raspberries and sugar to it and heat.
- Keep stirring and allow it to cook until sugar dissolves completely.
- Now smash the raspberries and cook it for 2 more minutes.
- Switch of the flame and allow it to cool.
Vanilla ice cream with whipped cream
- Take a huge bowl and fill it with ice.
- In an another bowl Spray out the cold whipped cream and place the bowl on ice.
- Now add sugar and vanilla essence and whisk it gently.
- Now add milk turn by turn and whisk it gently or electric blender on low until everything is well incorporated.
- Do not over whisk it and let it rest on ice itself.
- Now swirl the raspberry compote into this mixture gently with a stick. If you want the flavour completely incorporated you can fold the whole compote in it.
- Keep a little compote for moulds.
- Now pour the ice cream mix in the ice cream container aluminium/glass and close it with the lid.
- Freeze the mix for about 6-8 hours.
- After 7 hours the ice cream is ready to scoop.
- Serve it with fresh raspberries.
Pouring in popsicle moulds
- Take a mould.
- Gently pour raspberry compote on all walls(little)
- Now pour the ice cream mix till the edge.
- Close the lids and place the moulds in the freezer.
- Allow it to freeze for 6-8 hours.
- While demoulding hold the mold under water or dip the tail in water and then gently demould.
- Serve with fresh raspberries.
For Ice cream using Heavy Whipping Cream
- Take a chilled bowl.
- Pour in 2 cups of Chilled Heavy Whipping cream.
- Beat the cream using a hand mixer until you get stiff peaks.
- Now add sugar, milk and vanilla essence or 1/2 cup of condensed milk and vanilla essence.
- Fold it gently using spatula.
- At this stage you can add any flavour in it. We swirled in the Cold Raspberry compote.
- Pour the mixture in moulds and allow it to set.
- Freeze it for 7-8 hours covered.
- Serve it with fresh raspberries.
- Whipped cream and whipping cream are different. Check what you are using.
- Be gentle if using Pre whipped cream. Do not keep any lumps.
- Using ice bowl with whipped cream is mandatory to avoid melting of the cream.
- If using Heavy whipping cream make sure to use chilled cream and pot and make stiff peaks.
- You can skip sugar and milk and add 1/2 cup of condensed milk instead.
- Any fresh fruit flavours can be used. Make sure to puree it and use cold. (Mango, strawberry, blueberry, custard apple pulp, fresh fine grated coconut….etc)
- You can skip sugar too if you are using whipped cream. The taste will differ, but if you like less sugar it’s good)
If you like and try this recipe do write reviews in the comment section below.
You can also email me at email@example.com