Brownies are crazy delicious and my personal favourite. The whooping chocolate flavour keeps me drooling all the time. Its fall and it’s time for these beauties with an autumn touch. Yes, Pumpkin brownies it is!! You must have checked my Eggless brownie and red velvet brownie recipes by now. This one’s new in my brownie family.
Pumpkin isn’t one of my favorites but desserts are. The pumpkin spice with the combination of brownie tastes so good. They are beautiful as well as scrumptious!! These brownies are a little adaptation from Martha Stewart’s pumpkin Brownie recipe , but I have recreated with no eggs and egg replacements. These are gooey, delightful and eggless yet moist and crumbed. A must try combination of vegetables and chocolate this fall. Make swirls or just layer them, they are as beautiful as the colour appears.
What goes in a Pumpkin Brownie?
Pumpkin spiced brownies are made using Pumpkin puree, spices like cinnamon and cayenne and a delicious blend of chocolate and nuts (optional). Oil used in the recipe keeps it moist and airy. Yogurt and Vinegar are my favourite egg replacements. They do not taste oily or yogurt after baking and its just as decadent as any other bake.
You can use a ready brownie premix or make your own using all purpose flour. Brownies do not call for baking soda, Just the baking powder is enough to keep them baking slowly. Pumpkin puree can be any canned or homemade. I would suggest canned one as there is no extra water content in it to spoil it.
I layered this brownie for one chocolate and other pumpkin layer and topped it with chocolate chips.. If you wish to make swirls you can add a small layer of chocolate over the pumpkin layer and make swirls using a toothpick before popping it in the oven.
- Replace all purpose flour with almond flour.
- Replace yogurt with 1:3 flax seeds meal is to water. So 1 tablespoon of flaxseed meal mixed in three tablespoon of water.
- Use vegan butter. Rest be the same.
Storing these brownies-
These brownies taste delicious when fresh and has a shelf life of 2 days when kept covered in a dry place. However for more storage I would suggest to refrigerate them as pumpkin in the recipe may catch fungus soon. Refrigerated pumpkin brownies are good until a week.
Thaw them naturally and warm them in microwave. Serve with a dollop of whipped cream and yummy pumpkin spices and sprinklers.
This fall indulge in these brownies and please your guests at the halloween dinners!!
Some of our other eggless bake links on the blog are-
- Vegan, Gluten free raspberry muffins
- Eggless Banana bread
- Avocado Oatmeal Cookies
- Eggless Chocolate chip cookies
- Eggless mini pineapple cherry cheesecake
- Egg free Ladyfingers
- Eggless Chocolate swiss rolls
Let us check the recipe for Pumpkin spice brownies in detail below.
Pumpkin brownies (Eggless)
- 2 Cup All purpose flour
- 1-1/4 Cup Sugar or less
- 6 Oz Bittersweet chocolate (My chocolate had almonds)
- 8 tbsp unsalted butter (1 stick)
- 1 tbsp vanilla essence
- 1-1/4 cup Pumpkin puree
- 1 tsp cinnamon powder
- 1 tsp clove and nutmeg powder Or 1/4 teasp pumpkin spice powder
- 1/4 cup Oil
- 4 tbsp Thick yogurt
- 1 tbsp Rice Vinegar
- 1 teasp salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- Preheat the oven at 350* for 10 minutes.
- Line a 9*9 inch baking pan with parchment paper.
- Sieve all purpose flour and baking powder in a bowl and keep aside.
- In a bowl take chopped bittersweet chocolate and butter and melt it with double boiling method.
- In a 3rd bowl take yogurt , mix vinegar , vanilla essence and sugar well and keep aside.
- In another bowl take oil and mix pumpkin puree and add all the spices, whisk well and keep aside.
- Now take the flour bowl and add the yogurt mix to it. Whisk well until well incorporated.
- Now divide the batter in two bowls. Mix chocolate mix in one half bowl and incorporate well.
- Pour the mixture in the prepared 9*9 square pan. Flatten the chocolate layer well.
- In the rest half batter add the pumpkin batter and Whisk together.
- Pour the pumpkin batter on the chocolate layer.Gently flatten the layer.
- Tap the pan once.
- Now add some chocolate chips on the top of pumpkin layer. Gently press the chips in the batter.
- Bake the brownie at 350* for 40-45 minutes. When done, check the brownie with a toothpick inserted. Some crumbs must stick to the toothpick. The pumpkin might feel little wet. But dont worry it will settle upon cooling completely.
- Brownies are ready. Mark 2*2 inches squares on it and allow it to cool down completely on a cooling rack.
- Sieve all the dry ingredients before use.
- Use all ingredients at room temperature.
- Do not over fold the batter.
- Skip salt if using salted butter.
- Baking time may vary. Do not over bake. always some crumbs must stick on your toothpick upon baking.
Some of our other popular fall recipes are
- Pumpkin Puris / Fluffy fried breads
- Fall soup
- Pumpkin spiced latte
- Corn and broccoli chowder
- Mix vegetable soup
If you like and try this recipe do write reviews in the comment section below.
You can also email me at email@example.com
For latest updates on veggie.bites follow veggie.bites on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Pinterest