Paan shot Panna cotta is a refreshing dessert served typically on a warm sunny day. Paan shot is basically a chilled drink made out of Indian meetha paan and is served post meal. This panna cotta is a fusion with the meetha paan flavours.
Paan shot is made from Betel leaves and is super easy, cool and a refreshing drink. Betel leaf is typically known for aiding in digestion hence served after meals. Most of the Indian restaurants serve it after dinner. It’s our favourite drink and now this variation is another in our list of favourites.
What goes in Paan shot panna cotta
Paan shot panna cotta is made by crushing fresh betel leaves and cooking it with fresh heavy cream and flavoured with some sweeteners and essence.
The typical meetha paan flavours include fennel seeds and gulkand and some sweeteners and masala. This mix is cooked in heavy cream and is then set with agar agar, chilled and served.
It’s super simple and comes together in just few hours. It’s a great party server and your friends and family will love it for sure. I typically served paan shots in many of my parties. This is gonna be my next shot and hopefully everyone likes it!!
Let’s check the recipe.
Paan Shot Panna Cotta
- 10 nos. Betel Leaf (Edible Pan)
- 1/2 cup Gulkand (Rose jam)
- 4 tbsp Fennel seeds
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1/3 cup water
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- 1 Oz Agar Agar
- 1 Oz Water
- Wash and clean 10 fresh Betel leaves (Pan). Crush them fine paste in a mixer grinder and keep side. You may add 1 spoon water to crush it.
- In a pan boil 2 cups of heavy whipping cream along with 1/3 or less water. Keep stirring and bring it to 1 boil.
- Add 1/3 cup sugar and continue to stir and incorporate well.
- Now make a paste of Gulkand (Rose Jam) and fennel seeds in a grinder and add it to the cream.Incorporate well and cook another minute.
- Now add the betel leaf paste and stir well.
- Add vanilla extract and mix again. Switch of the flame.
- Now strain all the mixture well in a separate pan. The pan and fennel seed residue is left after straining and not required. Squeeze out the soft mix well.
- Now in a separate pan boil 1 cup of water. Upon boiling add 1 oz agar agar mix to it and allow it to dissolve. switch off the flame.
- Add this agar agar mix to the strained betel leaf drink. Mix it well. Boil until 1 boil only. Fill it in a squeeze bottle or directly pour in your moulds or serving bowls.
- I used a squeeze to pour the mix in my shot glasses. You can use any.
- Set these moulds in the fridge for at least 2 hours.
- You may cut and demould after setting for serving. I used small serving portions so directly served.
- You can even use the dried crushed ready meetha paan sold as mouth freshners. The taste with it will differ a bit.
- It’s better to set in small and individual moulds, you can serve directly without disturbing the shot.
- Sugar can be adjusted as per taste level.
- You may add some sweet paan masala and coloured fennel deeds in while crushing.
- After adding agar agar boil the mixture only until 1 boil. Set when warm.
- If you feel the colour isn’t green and fresh you may add a drop or 2 of edible green colour.
If you like and try this recipe do write reviews in the comment section below.
You can also email me at email@example.com
Enjoy healthy eating 😋