Eggless chocolate chip cookies!! Yes!! Super simple less than 6 ingredients and these super moist and chewy, soft cookies will be ready to attack upon just like the avocado oatmeal cookies.
Baking a right cookie and a eggless brownie earlier was a task! I must have burnt them a countless times. At a certain point I had even given up baking them and found alternatives in the market. But this recipe was a boon. Also check my Red velvet brownie recipe.
One of my friends happen to gift a set of cookies to my son on his 4th birthday, just to make him feel special….and that’s it! They were perfect, upon asking we even found out they were homemade…. Done than. I decided to learn those from her and trust me I cracked the process since then. So a big Thank you to her I must say. We even tried the eggless lady finger cookies and the results were amazing!!
All you need to remember is the room temperature butter. It’s not warm , not liquid it should be just soft enough to press your finger gently and this is it. It’s the core of making any cookie.
Now my son is almost 6 and both my kids can bake these cookies on their own provided a little help with the oven. So It’s simple as that.
And remember the cookie dough,, drooling!! Yes, its eggless and no fancy ingredients. So we make and eat as much as we can….anytime with all the ingredients easily available at home.
So my daughter is crazy with this dough and by the time the dough freezes and goes in the oven half of the dough is stolen, great! Hahaha…. Yes I love it too….it’s Yummy!!
A must try super simple and quick cookie recipe….
Let”s check the recipe
Eggless chocolate chip cookies
|Serves||30-35 small sized cookies||Author||Rasika|
1 Cup = 240 ml
- 2 cups of all purpose flour
- 1 cup refined sugar/brown sugar
- 1/2 cup of unsweetened chocolate morsels
- 1 cup unsalted butter (room temperature OR just softened butter not melted)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla essence
- 1 teaspoon Baking powder
- 1 teaspoon milk
- Pinch of salt (skip if using salted butter)
- In a large mixing bowl beat together butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
- The mixture litens up in colour and looks fluffy when done. I used a hand mixer.
- Now add the vanilla essence, baking powder and beat again lightly.
- Now add the all purpose flour turn by turn and fold the batter gently using spatula or you can continue using the hand blender on low speed. Add milk and salt and fold it. Do not overmix it.
- Now add the chocolate morsels/ chips in the batter and fold the batter gently with a spatula.
- You may have to knead the dough with light hands, but not over mix it.
- Wrap the dough in a cling wrap and refrigerate it for half hour to one hour.
- After half hour remove the dough and gently make small round balls out of it or just to be precise scoop out the balls.
- Preheat the oven at 375*F for about 10 minutes.
- Line up a cookie sheet, silicone mat or a parchment paper in a oven tray.
- Place these small dough balls at a distance of about 2-3 cm each. (do not press the balls)
- If you wish you may add some chocolate chips on top of each of these balls too. You can skip them too.
- Bake them at 375*F for about 8-10 minutes or until the top cracks/dries and the edges turn golden. (Golden not brown)
- After 8-10 minutes remove them and allow it to cool a bit about 5 minutes in the same tray.
- Now gently transfer them to the cooling racks and allow them to cool completely.
- .They get further baked even when hot and take the perfect shape and texture.
- These are ready to serve.
- You can store them in a airtight container/Tupperware for about 6-7 days.
****Never bake the cookies for long because you dont see the colour on top. They will burn.
The cooking process dosent end upon switching off heat. They will bake more until 10 minutes more even after out from the oven.
- You can replace the all purpose flour with whole wheat flour or any gluten free flour. (Texture will differ)
- To replace with oats the recipe changes a bit. So this recipe is not suggested using oats.
- You can replace sugar with 1/2 cup powdered jaggery or 3/4 cup maple syrup. Taste will differ a bit.
- Chocolate chips can be any.
- You can replace chocolate chips with any other nuts like almonds, cashews, walnuts, pecans etc or even M&M’s
- Overbeating of the mixture can melt the butter and spoil the cookies.
- If you want thin and crispy cookies flatten the balls before baking.
- Baking time can differ from oven to oven and the flour. Can be anything between 8-12 minutes. Generally the top gets cracked and dried and the edges turn golden (Not Brown) when done.
These cookies are a perfect snack size and contains about 13-15 gms of carbs and around 100-120 calories. other than sugar, vitamins , calcium and iron approximately ranging from 5-8 gms.
So dunk them in your warm cup of milk or pack them in your snack you will love these…..
Also check our other popular eggless recipes here
- Eggless red velvet brownies
- Vegan, Gluten free raspberry muffins
- Eggless Banana bread
- Avocado Oatmeal Cookies
- Eggless Chocolate chip cookies
- Eggless mini pineapple cherry cheesecake
- Egg free Ladyfingers
- Eggless Chocolate swiss rolls
If you like and try this recipe do write reviews in the comment section below.
You can also email me at email@example.com
For latest updates on veggie.bites follow veggie.bites on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Pinterest