Late night chocolate cravings? These eggless brownies are a perfect bake then. These are a super duper treat for my vegetarian friends. My valentine special red velvet brownies are already a treat! Eggless baking has become a routine now.
These soft fudgy perfectly baked brownies are fun to bake. It’s super quick and can be easily made from the ingredients found in your kitchen.The thing is there is no separate chocolate that goes in. I added coffee, like my chocolate cake recipe which is easily available in my pantry and that is what enhances the flavour of my cocoa in the brownie.
Brownies are hard to get right. Especially a soft , fudgy brownie and that too an eggless one. But this brownie is a special recipe. I always carry this treat to my friends places when parties. The first time a new friend tried she asked me whether I made it from the Ghiradelli premix in the market. I was on cloud nine with that compliment. Overwhelmed and loved it. Every time I end up making 2-3 rounds of this brownies.
We hog on it when hot itself..so the first batch gets over in minutes. Then comes the second one, which we patiently wait to cool and drizzle some chocolate and enjoy and the third one goes in storing for a next couple of days. Hahaha. That’s our story with brownies.
Can’t stop drooling over!! Next will be my attempt in vegan brownies, Just like the avocado oatmeal cookies.
What can go wrong in baking a perfect brownie?
- The trick for a perfect brownie is chewy, moist, fudgy…..
- To achieve the same takes a lot. But it’s like an award to get a perfect one.
- For the fudgy texture ensure your brownies are not overfull with flour. Extra flour to the edge can make the brownie cakey.
- The cooking time!! Very important… brownies are not baked until your toothpick comes out clean.
- Very important to bake the brownie at a point where few crumbs stick on to your pick. So the perfect timing..
Let’s check the recipe in detail.
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 1/4 cup +1 tbsp Cocoa powder unsweetened
- 1/2 cup +1 tbsp sugar
- 2 teasp instant coffee (I used nescafe)
- 1/3 cup +1 tbsp oil or melted butter
- 4 tbsp non flavoured yogurt Thick not watery
- 1 teasp baking powder
- 1 tsp vanilla essence/extract
- 2-3 tbsp chocolate chips Or 1/2 cup chunky chocolate optional
- pinch salt
- Walnuts Optional
- Preheat the oven at bake 350 °f
- In a mixing bowl, whisk oil/butter and sugar properly.
- Add vanilla extract and whisk.
- Add yogurt, cocoa , salt and coffee and whisk again.
- Add baking powder and whisk.
- Add all purpose flour and fold the batter gently to remove all lumps.
- If you like chocolate chips or walnuts you may add them at this stage and fold the batter gently.
- Line up a 8*8 baking tray with parchment paper or spray with baking spray.
- Now pour the batter in the tray and Pat it a couple of times gently.
- This step is optional but if you like a flaky and shiny brown top you may pour melted chocolate over the batter. Melt 1/2 cup of chunky chocolate in a microwave or double boiler and pour over the batter before you bake.
- Now keep the tray in the oven at bake for about 25-30/32 min depending on the oven.
- Remove the tray from the oven , the top of the browny is perfectly cracked thin shiny layer while the inside is moist crumbs. The brownie is done.
- Use all the ingredients at room temperature.
- Sieve all the dry ingredients before using.
- Add walnuts or any other nuts or chocochips after folding the all purpose flour and fold very gently.
- Do not overcook the brownies.If over cooked the brownie will taste dry not moist and fudgy.
Also check our other popular eggless recipes here
- Eggless red velvet brownies
- Vegan, Gluten free raspberry muffins
- Eggless Banana bread
- Avocado Oatmeal Cookies
- Eggless Chocolate chip cookies
- Eggless mini pineapple cherry cheesecake
- Egg free Ladyfingers
- Eggless swiss roll
If you like and try this recipe do write reviews in the comment section below.
You can also email me at email@example.com