These banana muffins are just like a sponge. They are lite, super sponge, moist and just the perfect cinnamon flavour. Just like the banana bread and the raspberry muffins recipe on the blog this too comes together in just a handful of ingredients and 2/3 ripe bananas.
Other than using ripe bananas in Cereal smoothie, strawberry smoothie and bread this is one of the best ways to consume it. It is super soft melt in mouth mini banana muffin and so good for a grab and go snack. Kids love it and I can hog on them any time!
This recipe is a killer as I have been trying for a perfect sponge with banana several times. I cracked the perfect bite and loved it. It has since then our breakfast favourite. It is less than a 30 minute recipe and you will love it too. We all have bananas at home and specially those spotty in the corner. Now mine never get trashed, cause these cuties are out of the oven before I waste them.
How to keep Banana Muffins Moist
To make banana muffins moist, I used a small amount of milk and butter or oil. Both of these ingredients help to balance the dry to the wet ingredient ratio and muffins to be . Using a little butter, sugar, and plenty of bananas for lots of moisture and flavor is the key to perfect muffins.
These muffins are eggless yet the super soft melt in mouth texture is a secret. Damn this idea proved a 100% success story!! Make use of a couple of tablespoons of whipped cream OR (Indian safed makhan/ loni), Yes it works wonders**
This little ingredient worked magic and delivered perfectly fluffy , lite and soft little muffins.
These muffins are my pick everytime now and I believe they are a healthy pick for adults as well as my kiddos. Let us give it a try then? What say?
Eggless banana muffins recipe in detail
Eggless Banana Muffins
- 1 cup Mashed fully ripe bananas (2 large or 3 medium small)
- 1.5 cups All purpose Flour
- 1/4 cup Sugar Brown or refined
- 1 cup Milk
- 1/2 cup cooking oil or butter
- 1 tbsp vinegar
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- 1/2 teasp cinnamon powder
- 1/2 tsp Baking Soda
- 1/2 teasp salt
- 2 tbsp whipped cream (Optional) (It yields in fluffy and super spongy muffins)
- You may add 2 tbsp cocoa powder to make chocolate muffins.Any walnuts or chocolate chips make a great combination too.
- Preheat the oven at 350* for 10 minutes.
- Set up the muffin tray with liners and spray baking spray over it.
- Take 2/3 medium sized over ripe banana. Remove the peel and smash it with a fork in a mixing bowl.
- Add oil/butter and sugar to the mashed banana and beat it well until fluffy.
- Now add vanilla essence, cinnamon powder and salt and whip again.
- In a separate bowl add milk and vinegar and allow the mixture to rest for a couple of minutes.
- Now add flour to to the banana mixture and start folding the batter gently. Now add the milk and vinegar mixture and fold the batter until no lumps.
- Now fold in the baking soda and Whipped cream (optional) and add any walnuts or chocolate chips or any other toppings.
- Using a scoop pour in the batter in each mold. You may top up with some more chocolate chips.
- Now bake the muffins @350* for about 20-30 minutes. Depending upon the oven.
- The muffins are ready when the toothpick comes out clean.
- Cool them on a cooling rack.
- Serve with milk or any other snack/breakfast time.
- Bananas should be ripe and sweet. It can be 2 large or 3 medium/small.
- You can add cocoa powder or any nuts or chocolate chips to the batter.
- Adding whipped cream will result in super soft and sponge banana muffins.
- You may use either oil or butter. However oil gives a lighter sponge.
Also check our other popular eggless recipes here
- Eggless red velvet brownies
- Vegan, Gluten free raspberry muffins
- Eggless Banana bread
- Avocado Oatmeal Cookies
- Eggless Chocolate chip cookies
- Eggless mini pineapple cherry cheesecake
- Egg free Ladyfingers
If you like and try this recipe do write reviews in the comment section below.
You can also email me at firstname.lastname@example.org