Lady fingers are sweet dry sponge biscuits shaped and sized like a finger, hence the name. These are made with egg but hard to find the egg free. Here I tried the egg-free ladyfingers and these worked just perfect.
These fingers are popularly used for making the italian dessert Tiramisu. Having been vegetarian all my life I still haven’t tried the real tiramisu because of the egg content in it. These cookies was my first attempt and a successful one , next one being my eggless tiramisu. it worked so perfect. Also check my eggless chocolate chip cookies on the blog. Ever tried the vegan cookies? Do check these too. Avocado Oatmeal cookies.
These were super simple no time biscuits. In fact my kids helped me with the dough and I had to just pop them in the oven. With a time span of just 15-20 minutes our cookies were ready and they were so beautiful. Being the first time I did tend to overbake them but they were so soft and perfect. In fact we loved the slight crunch they got. Next time will bake it 2-3 minutes less.
I then made an eggless tiramisu couple of days later and it turned out amazing. What I would remember next time is keep the cookies same size and width for even cooking. Because a few of the pipings were thin I ended up burning them a bit. So the best tip is to use a round tip of icing.
Let’s check the recipe in detail.
- 1/2 cup 4 oz Unsalted butter Room temperature
- 1/4 cup 2 oz sugar
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup 5 oz all purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- Preheat your oven to 350°F (180°C) and line 2 cookie sheets with parchment paper/silicone cookie mats and set aside.
- In a mixing bowl cream the butter and sugar together until light and fluffy.
- Now add the flour, baking powder, and vanilla essence and whisk together until incorporated. Do not over mix.
- Transfer the batter to a piping bag/ziplock bag with a 1/2 inch round tip.
- Now pipe approx 3 inch lines of batter keeping distance between each on the cookie sheet.
- Bake the ladyfingers for 10-12 minutes until slightly golden, the cookies will change colour. Do not over bake or they may burn.
- Allow to cool for 5 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Some of my pipings were thin and resulted in burning the ladyfingers while baking. so make sure you have the same size of pipings.
- Make sure all ingredients are room temperature.
- Baking time may differ from oven to oven.
- We need sponge like soft fingers. so bake only till colour changes pale. Do not brown.
- You may substitute 2 tablespoon cocoa powder and remove 2 tablespoon all purpose flour in the above measurements to make chocolate ladyfingers
Storing the ladyfingers
Cool these biscuits well before storing. Store them in an airtight lid container / jar at room temperature.
Also check our other popular eggless recipes here
- Eggless red velvet brownies
- Vegan, Gluten free raspberry muffins
- Eggless Banana bread
- Avocado Oatmeal Cookies
- Eggless Chocolate chip cookies
- Eggless mini pineapple cherry cheesecake
- Eggless chocolate cake
- Eggless swiss roll
If you like and try this recipe do write reviews in the comment section below.
You can also email me at firstname.lastname@example.org