This popular Indian street food is a mix and burst of warm and flavored dips and pickles along with a spicy paneer tikka curry. After the Pinwheel paneer roll ups and the shahi paneer this is another amazing dish with paneer tikka flavours. These rolls are made using the popular coriander mint chutney(Dhaniye ki chutney) which adds a punch to the dish.
Traditionally these kathi rolls are made using meat but this vegetarian, piquant and spicy flavored paneer will be equally mouthwatering. The paneer tikka wraps can be made in two ways.
- By marinating paneer in a thick spicy yogurt and then roasting it on a flame or oven until golden. These roasted tikka cubes are then filled along in a wrap made up of roti, naan, or lavash and topped with flavored dips and pickles.
- I did not marinate the paneer. Instead I made a thick curry using the same ingredients. This helped in keeping the moistness in the curry and the bite didn’t feel dry. You can make it either way.
These rolls are best to go menu as it is super easy and a no mess food. It is a filler and a best party menu too, as you can make them ahead of time. These super tasty rolls are our family favourite as it has the best bursting flavours on mind for long.
You can make the rolls and wrap them in a paper tissue or a parchment paper and serve or pack. During parties I make all the rolls and keep them in a foil tray with the keep warm option in the oven. They remain as fresh and warm for the party.
So let us check the recipe details below.
Paneer Tikka Lavash Wraps/ Kathi Roll
- 150 gms Paneer cubes (Vegans can use extra firm tofu)
- 1 Sliced small onion
- 1 diced small tomato
- 1 Long cut thin carrot
- 1/2 cup Long cut cabbage
- 1/2 cup thin long cut capsicum/bell peppers
- 1 tsp. Red chilli powder
- 2 tsp. tikka masala
- 1 tbsp Coriander powder
- Pinch of turmeric
- 2 tbsp thick yogurt Non flavored
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- Salt as per taste
- 1 packet Whole wheat Lavash Wraps (You can use naan, rotis or tortillas)
- Green coriander chutney / dip
- Pickled onion, carrots, cucumbers
- Heat oil in a pan. Saute the long cut onions, tomatoes and cabbage, carrots and veggies until slightly soft and cooked. (Do not over cook) We need the crunch in it.
- Now add the spices and allow it to release fat.
- Now add the yogurt and salt and let the mix dry up a little. The water contents should cook up.
- Now add the paneer cubes and make a thick gravy paneer and set aside.
- Lay the Lavash wrap on the countertop.
- Apply your favourite dip. I applied the coriander mint chutney over it.
- Now add about 2 tablespoons of the paneer tikka subji you made over the wrap in a vertical manner as in picture.
- Now add your favourite pickled carrots, onions and cucumbers.
- Now wrap the Lavash and cut it diagonally in the centre.
- Serve the wraps with your favourite dip and it is ready to serve.
- Paneer can be replaced with potato curry, Tofu , soy chunks or any other lentil like the chic peas.
- Wraps can be any handmade/ store-bought roti or naan, tortillas.
- The recipe for the coriander mint chutney is on the blog link here.
Also check our other 30 minute dinner recipes on the blog links below.
- Burnt garlic Quinoa Pilaf
- Mango curd rice
- Creamy parsley pesto pasta
- Mint rice
- Sriracha paneer fried rice
- Lemon Alfredo pasta
If you like and try this recipe do write reviews in the comment section below.
You can also email me at email@example.com
For latest updates on veggie.bites follow veggie.bites on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Pinterest