Chocolate lovers, this cake is for you!! This chocolate cake is a super simple , eggless chocolate cake recipe and makes a super moist, decadent chocolate cake. This is super easy recipe and makes a stunning cake.
This cake is our family favourite and comes together in no time. We make it almost on every occasion and decorate it with superb frosting and chocolate ideas. We believe chocolate is never excess!!!
Many of you might not like the whooping coffee that goes inside this cake. My co-sisters first reaction was I dont like coffee but trust me when you taste it it dosent even taste like coffee. Coffee in fact enhances the cocoa/chocolate flavour in it.
How to prepare the chocolate cake?
- Sieve and mix the dry ingredients
- Mix the wet ingredients .
- Make a batter by mixing both dry and wet ingredients and bake.
What can go wrong?
- Ensure all the ingredients to be at room temperature.
- Coffee should be just warm not too hot. Hot coffee can form lumps difficult to break then.
- Making the batter and resting it for long time can make the cake bake flat.
- If you use old ingredients and open the oven in the middle while baking, the cake may crack and sink in the centre.
So here it is super simple moist decadent, chocolate cake. Every bite is irresistible chocolate and it’s not even too sweet. Just perfect sponge, flavour and always better than market bought!!
We used an instant chocolate ganache made with just two ingredients and poured over the cake. You can decorate it with frosting, chocolates or anything you like.
Let’s check the recipe in detail
Eggless chocolate cake
- 1.5 cups All purpose flour
- 4 Tbsp unsweetened cocoa
- 1 cups sugar
- 1 tsp baking soda
- Pinch of salt
- 1 cup Warm instant coffee (Warm not hot)
- 1 tbsp Vinegar or apple cider vinegar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup Olive oil
- Preheat the oven at 350*F and line up the baking pan (9 inch) with parchment paper at the bottom of the pan.
- Now sieve the dry ingredients in a mixing bowl.
- Sieve all purpose flour, unsweetened cocoa,sugar and baking soda and mix it well and set aside.
- Now in a cup mix all the wet ingredients.
- Take 1 cup of warm instant coffee (just warm not hot), add olive oil, vinegar and vanilla extract.
- Mix the wet ingredients well.
- Now pour this wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and whisk it with a hand whisk.
- The batter might feel a bit lumpy and flowy. But that's alright , the cake will be equally moist and decadent.
- Pop the pan in the centre of a preheated oven for at least 35 minutes or until the toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- Let the cake rest and cool down on a wire rack after out of the oven.You can make two cakes and assemble them with whipped cream frosting or just use 1 cake and cut it into 2 layers and apply frosting between layers.
- You can double the measurements for two same cakes. Make sure to bake them at the same time in two different pans and same quantity of batter in each.
- You may use a weighing scale to divide the batter equally.
- Coffee might sound a lot but it dosent taste or smell after baking. It enhances the cocoa flavour instead.
- Sugar can be brown sugar or coconut sugar.
- Make sure to use a good quality cocoa powder.
- Olive oil or oil which dosent have a strong smell is recommended for baking.
Also check our other popular eggless recipes here
- Eggless red velvet brownies
- Vegan, Gluten free raspberry muffins
- Eggless Banana bread
- Avocado Oatmeal Cookies
- Eggless Chocolate chip cookies
- Eggless mini pineapple cherry cheesecake
- Egg free Ladyfingers
- Eggless swiss roll
If you like and try this recipe do write reviews in the comment section below.
You can also email me at firstname.lastname@example.org