Over ripe bananas and don’t want to trash? Being a vegetarian I bake a lot of eggless cakes, brownies and cookies. Earlier I have posted my recipe for the red velvet brownies, they are the most baked in my house.
Personally I don’t like to eat ripe bananas. But certain times you tend to end up with a bunch of ripe bananas and dont know whats the best way to utilize them. We started this trend after we discovered one of our relatives made a super sponge vanilla Banana bread.
We all loved the vanilla. So we decided to give it a try. To make a more healthier version I tried it with whole wheat just like the whole wheat raspberry muffins. It turned out super tasty!! The sponge was perfect, and I used very minimum amount of sugar to it. It was a successful trial. We also tried one by adding chocolate and guess what?It was as good as a chocolate cake! Wow! Who doesn’t like chocolate. The super soft, chocolate banana bread was now a cake!!
Here is my variation of banana bread loaf wheat wheat flour. Vegans can try it with almond flour and coconut oil. It will turn out more spongy. Check the notes below for vegan recipe.
A perfect bake!! Super spongy, less sugar and most important Vegan!! Also check the other vegan snack and meal recipes on the blog.
Let’s check the recipe.
Eggless Banana Bread/Loaf
- 3 Medium sized ripe bananas.
- 1.5 cup whole wheat flour/All purpose flour
- 1/2 cup Milk/Oat milk
- 1/2 cup Cooking oil/Coconut oil
- 1/2 cup Brown sugar/Coconut sugar
- 1 tsp Vanilla essence/extract
- Pinch of salt
- 1 tesp Baking Soda
- 1 Tsp Baking Powder
- 1 tbsp Vinegar or apple cider vinegar
- 1 teasp Cinnamon Powder
- Rolled oats or walnuts (optional)
- 2 tbsp Cocoa powder (Optional) (If you want to make a chocolate banana bread)
- Preheat the oven at 180°c or 350* F for 10 minutes and set the timer for 30-40 minutes.
- Grease a bread pan with a cooking spray and line up a parchment paper on the bottom of the baking tray.
- Sieve all the dry ingredients i.e. Flour, baking powder and salt and keep it aside.
- In a separate bowl mash the ripe bananas with a fork and whisk together (I used an electric hand whisk) sugar,milk,vanilla extract and vinegar in it. Now slowly pour in the oil while whisking.
- Now add the baking soda to the wet ingredients and allow it to bubble
- Now fold the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and make a smooth batter with cut and fold technique.
- Add the walnuts and fold the batter gently. (Optional)
- Pour the batter in the loaf pan and tap twice. you can sprinkle some oats over it.
- Bake the banana bread for about 30-40 minutes or until the toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- This bread has a shelf life of not more than 2 days. You can cut it into pieces and store it in an airtight container for about 2 days outside.
- You can use almond flour instead of cake flour to make it vegan and gluten free.
- You can use refined sugar instead of brown sugar
- Oil can be replaced with coconut oil for vegans. (melt coconut oil before use)
- For vegan replace regular milk with oat milk.
- In case you have just 1 or 2 ripe bananas that alright . You might need 3-4 tablespoons of extra milk to adjust the batter consistency and increase the sugar by 1 or 2 tablespoon
- The baking time may differ from oven to oven. It might take anything between 30-40 minutes. Mine was ready in 32 minutes.
- For a chocolate banana bread add cocoa powder to the batter along with 2-3 tablespoons of chocolate chips. remove 2 tablespoon flour if you do so.
Serve and store
This bread is a perfect weekday breakfast. Bake it in your free time and enjoy it on your breakfast.
This bread has a shelf life of not more than 2 days. You can cut it into pieces and store it in an airtight container for about 2 days outside.
However it can stay well in the refrigerator for more , if you are unable to finish it in 2 days.
Also check our other popular eggless recipes here
- Eggless red velvet brownies
- Vegan, Gluten free raspberry muffins
- Eggless chocolate swiss rolls
- Avocado Oatmeal Cookies
- Eggless Chocolate chip cookies
- Eggless mini pineapple cherry cheesecake
- Egg free Ladyfingers
If you like and try this recipe do write reviews in the comment section below.
You can also email me at email@example.com